Step out in style and enjoy a sensational feast prepared by local chefs at an exclusive tasting event from Old Bushmills Distillery, hosted at the atmospheric Giants Causeway Visitor Centre.
Join us in celebration of the launch of Slow Food Causeway with a decadent menu laden with the best of sustainable Northern Irish produce from our local producers across the Taste Causeway membership – and a special preview from our newest gin distillery, the very aptly named “Giant’s Basalt Rock Gin”.
Dressed in your best red carpet garb, enjoy our sensational Bushmills Banquet. Indulge in a lavish drinks reception and nibble stunning canapes before enjoying a grazing platter, delicious small plates and tasters. Sample decadent desserts, award winning coffees and world famous Bushmills whiskey – or, for non drinkers, enjoy high quality non-alcoholic beverages.
Following the proceedings, guests are also invited to enjoy a relaxing nightcap at the historic Causeway Hotel – sealing the evening with memories made to last a lifetime.
Tickets start at £85 per person and the event will run between 7pm and 11pm.
Additional information for guests:
- Extras – Additional wine will be available to purchase throughout the evening. The venue is cashless, with card payments only.
- Dietary Requirements – Chefs have devised this Banquet in the hope there is ‘something for everyone’. However, we cannot guarantee a ‘nut free’ environment and would ask guests with allergens to contact us on booking to discuss requirements. Please be aware that our food may contain or come into contact with common allergens, such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat.
- Dress Code – ‘Out Out’ – Straight from the urban dictionary. ‘Going out out’ is where you are going out to hit it large on a night out, you’re not just out, you’re going out out. The opportunities to get dressed up have been few and far between over the last couple of years, so the Bushmills Banquet gives the excuse to do just that. It is not ‘black tie’, but we expect guests will make an effort, ready for the red carpet shot!
- Event PR – Organisers may use ticket holders images or likenesses in any live or recorded video display, picture, publicity material or website.
There are a number of guidelines that must be followed which include:
- Covid Safe Measures – booking requirements stipulate you and your guests fulfil the following criteria. All guests must be prepared to show ONE of the following to demonstrate their Covid status; if requested by a member of The Banquet Team, spot checks will be in place:
- Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (with the second at least 14 days before the event) OR
- Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken no more than 48 hours before the event start time. OR
- Proof of natural Covid-19 antibodies based upon a negative NHS PCR test within 180 days of the event (including ten days self-isolation following the result).
- Track and Trace – To validate your tickets, you must provide us with each ticket holder’s name and contact number. We will send you an email after your purchase requesting this information. Failure to provide information in advance may affect entry. Also, if there are changes to your party, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your guest list details before the event.
- Face Coverings – Face coverings are mandatory and should be worn throughout your visit inside the venue unless you are seated, or are standing, eating or drinking.
- Sanitisation – You will be required to sanitise your hands on arrival and encouraged to wash your hands regularly during your visit. Enhanced cleaning routines are in place before, during and after the visit.
- Changes to regulations – The NI Executive is reviewing measures regularly and may introduce additional restrictions in advance of the event. We will continue to review our entry requirements and mitigations in line with updates to legislation and evolving government and health advice. Table layout may change in line with regulations without notification.
- Event Postponement – In the event of a cancellation due to Covid restrictions directed by the NI Executive, organisers will postpone arrangements and advise you of a rescheduled date.
- Access – Strictly over 18. The Banquet events team reserves the right to refuse entry with stringent Covid measures and mitigations in place that must be adhered to.
About The Bushmills Banquet:
Gary Stewart, chef of Tartine at Distillers Arms and Stella Bolton, owner of The French Rooms, lead the Bushmills Banquet, on behalf of The Bushmills Business Association. The BBA is a voluntary constituted group to promote the economic development of Bushmills village for the benefit of Businesses, the local community and visitors.
The first Bushmills Banquet was held in a marque as part of the annual Bushmills Salmon and Whiskey festival. Proving to be an extremely popular event which sold out in minutes, it inspired the energetic Banquet team to develop and produce smaller events throughout the year, including the much loved ‘Dine around Bushmills’. This new move to the Causeway Visitor Centre is their most ambitious project yet.
Businesses within Bushmills take pride in their ability to unite and create memorable occasions for their guests, and believe that this community spirit sets Bushmills worlds apart from other tourist hotspots. With a growing number of quality food establishments, many of which brandishing a Taste Causeway membership, Bushmills is fast becoming the foodie capital of the Causeway Coast. Why not come see for yourself?
This event is included in the launch of Slow Food Causeway by Taste Causeway, funded by Tourism NI in partnership with Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council.
About The Giants Causeway Visitor Centre:
With towering walls of glass, stunning basalt columns, a grass roof and a distinctively chicly modern aesthetic, The Giants Causeway Visitor Centre is a beautiful innovation to the wild Causeway coastline.
The energy efficient exhibition space is a wonderful location for events as well as a place to take in majestic 360 degree views of the Causeway.
Teaming with interactive spaces and high tech technology, The Giants Causeway Visitor Centre is where science and stories interlock.
About Giants Basalt Rock Gin:
Giant’s Basalt Rock Gin effortlessly blends a passion for gin with Northern Irish heritage, utilising the iconic Giant’s Causeway’s water filtration and purification in their own bespoke distillation process.
The organisation is devoted to sustainability, with Giant’s Basalt Rock Gin’s entire operation directed by social and environmental conscience. With that in mind, the company releases only 40,000 bottles of Giants Basalt Rock Gin each year – one to represent each of the basalt rock columns that form the Giant’s Causeway.
Taste Causeway are delivering Slow Food Causeway with funding from Tourism NI in partnership with Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council